|Published Thursday, July 17, 2014|
• A senior men’s 3 on 3 basketball league for 50 and over will begin later this month at Barwell Community Center, 5857 Barwell Park Drive. Registration ends July 21. Games will be played Tuesday evenings.
• Lake Lynn Community Center will offer a touch football league for ages 5 to 8. Registration is July 21 to Aug. 2 at any community center. Call 870-2911.
• Shoot2Hear Charity Basketball Tournament that was scheduled for May 17 at the Dream Center has been rescheduled to Aug. 9. Call 614-6694 for more info.
• The Prevent Blindness Mixed Doubles Tennis Classic is July 31 to Aug. 3 at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 Saint Andrews Lane. Thursday night’s kickoff party will feature dinner, live music, an exhibition match and a raffle. Visit http://nc.preventblindness.org or call 800-543-7839.
• Hillside High alumnus, coach and athletic director Thomas C. Marshall was recognized in Winston-Salem State’s monthly newsmagazine for the class of 1972. Marshall was the first educator in the state to be trained at WSSU. He is retired from Durham public schools but assistant coaches at School of Science and Mathematics.
• The first charity basketball game benefiting Durham’s Police Athletic League is July 31, 8 p.m. at Holton Career & Resource Center, 401 N. Driver St. The Durham Public Safety All Stars will take on the Bull City Legacy.
• Fans attending Durham Bulls games Aug. 8-10 are asked to bring gently used clothing and household items to support Goodwill in Durham.
• Durham-Orange Community Tennis Association will host a Tennis Carnival July 19, 10 a.m. to noon at Southern Boundaries Park, 100 Third Fork Rd; and a Tennis With Character Program the same day, 9 to 11 a.m. at Elmira Tennis Courts, 600 Elmira Ave. Call (919) 547-4354 or 619-9187.
Send your sports announcements to The Tribune by fax: 688-2740; e-mail: email@example.com, or mail: 115 Market Street, Suite 360H, Durham, NC 27701.
Send this page to a friend