Early voting – UPDATE
Eligible voters looking to cast their votes early for the upcoming Durham Public Schools Board of Education election and the primary election for U.S. House of Representatives, Durham County sheriff and Durham County district attorney can begin on April 19. Early voting will be offered at multiple locations, including the Board of Elections Office at 201 N. Roxboro Street in downtown Durham. Other locations:
- Duke University Brodhead Center, 402 Chapel Drive
- East Regional Library, 211 Lick Creek Lane
- North Carolina Central University Turner Law Building, 640 Nelson Street
- North Regional Library, 221 Milton Road
- South Regional Library, 4505 South Alston Avenue
There is also a web application available to help locate early voting locations in Durham. Seventy percent of 2016 General Election voters participated in early voting. For more information, visit dconc.gov/elect or call 919-560-0700.
From April 26 to May 5, the Herb Young Community Center, 101 Wilkinson Ave., will serve as an early voting site for Wake County voters weekdays from noon-7 p.m.; early voting times are varied on the weekends and can be found at the Wake County Board of Election’s website.
Cary residents living in Chatham County must go to the Chatham County Board of Elections Office in Pittsboro or the North East District Park location at 5408 Big Woods Road in Chapel Hill.
• Chavis Community Center, 505 MLK Jr. Blvd.
• Lake Lynn Community Center, 7921 Ray Road
• Northern Regional Center, 350 E. Holding Ave.
• W.E. Hunt Recreation Center, 301 Stinson Ave.