What people are talking about - 4/25
How bad is the teacher exodus problem in Wake County? Check out these statistics from The Policy Watch:
• 9,000 – number of total teachers in Wake County public schools
• 612 – number of teachers that have resigned since the beginning of the school year
• 433 – amount of teachers that resigned in all of the previous school year
• 25 – percentage of teachers that have resigned from Underwood Elementary alone
• $20,000 – amount less one Underwood teacher makes now compared to teaching in California ELEVEN YEARS AGO!
• 45 – North Carolina's rank among the 50 states in average teacher compensation